By International Cooperation
The term youth is often associated with vibrancy, joyfulness, enthusiasm and passion. The youth and the future will always be linked, because none can exist in the absence of another. A nation that fails to invest in the future of its youth is a doomed nation. The youth is a significant symbol of strength and persistence. Youth are the building blocks of a nation. It is a fact that the stronger the youth, the more developed the nation is. The role of the youth in the nation-building occupies the central place. The countries which utilize their youth in as right direction are more developed. The energy and brightness of minds of youth act as torch-bearer for a nation. On the contrary, the countries which fail to realize the importance of the youth lag behind in every department of life. If youth is not in the right direction and is unconcerned about the future of the nation, it will become a burden for the nation.
The youth hopes for a world free of poverty, unemployment, inequality and exploitation of man by man. They want a world free of discrimination on the grounds of race, color, language and gender.
The countries where the youth are agile and pay their proper contributions towards their nation are more developed. The entire success of a nation depends on the youth. It is the duty of the government to provide the youth with ample opportunities to play their role in an effective manner. Parents also have a major responsibility to fulfill. They must induce patriotic feelings in their young ones. The youth fraught with patriotism would lead the nation to the front.
The youth have following role and responsibilities towards their nation.
- They must get proper and complete education.
- Take part in welfare activities.Spread awareness and education among the masses about their rights and responsibilities.
- Help other youths in building confidence and pursuing the field of interest.
- Guide newcomers in every field on right lines.
- Promotes the fair image of the country before the world.
- Serve the country with their skills and talent in various fields.
- To nip in the bud all the evils that are polluting our society.
- To reinvigorate the culture, trend and traditions of the society.
- Help the government in the implementation of policies.
- They can play a vital role in the elimination of terrorism.
- The young people are full of vibrant ideas. Their ideas can show the country a new path towards prosperity.
- Young people have energy to try out things and the patience to learn from mistakes. Giving them opportunities to plan, to decide and to work prepares them to face harsher realities in life.
- Young participation is important because youth are the country’s power. Youth recognize problems and can solve them. Youth are strong force in social movements.
Factors that Promote Crime among Youth
There are several factors that push the younger generation to commit crime. Here is a look at some of these:
- Lack of Education
- Power Play
- General Dissatisfaction towards life
- Growing Competition
Despite the multiplicity of problems, it is still a right time for government to take some pragmatic steps. Government should not regard the young population as a burden but an asset. We need to bear in mind that “the destiny of nations is in the hands of youth”.
Keeping in view this fact, here are some suggestions to make good use of our youth.
- Competitive teachers must be recruited who could encourage and guide our youth to right lines.
- Politics must be prevented in the educational institutions.
- Campaign be started by the media that it is only education which can make our country more prosperous. We must have 100% literacy.
- It has become a common psyche among the well-educated people that after the completion of the education they would leave their country in the lurch. Government must prevent brain-drain in our country by providing full employment and act as a magnet for bright minds.
- Parents should teach youngsters patience to face the difficulties and be steadfast.
- Youth be given ample opportunities to prove and cash their skill in every field.
- Right men be placed on right places.
- Youth should be clear about their future.
- Youth should be at arm’s length from the bad company.
To conclude, the youth of today can do a marvelous job for the nation. With all the modern means of this computer age, where everything seems to be possible, why can’t the youth override the things done by the people in the past? We always consider the heroes of the past to be the evergreen characters. But today the youth with the proper use of the modern facilities should be evergreen characters for the times to come.
This article was first published at futureteam.world