By Azugbene Solomon
We all would have heard these Lines:
“Failures are the Stepping Stones of Success”
How many of us have succeeded in what we try in the first attempt? Not many. This proves that success cannot be attained in one day. There are exceptions where success can be achieved easily. But when it comes to a competitive task or a tough task it takes a lot of patience and needs many attempts to bring success to our side.
We would have heard about the great scientist Thomas Alva Edison. His success story is really motivating. Edison on his experiments to refine the light bulb failed 1000 times. But his attitude towards failure was simply great. He confidently said “I didn’t fail 1,000 times. I found 1000 ways of how not to make a light bulb”
In life, what matters is our attitude. If we give up easily, we cannot taste the flavors of success. It takes years for a tree to give a tasty fruit. Similarly it will take time to make success, sometimes even years. The path of success can be rough and hard, but if we keep going without any lack of confidence the day to success is not really far away.
If we want to win in life we should not stop till we get what we are looking for. The only that helps us to make an achievement is self confidence. If we believe we can make wonders, we will. So, we should believe ourselves before expecting others to believe us or support us. When life gives us a thousand reasons to quit trying, give yourself one reason to try one more time. “Never Give Up” till you become a great achiever.
Life is a race which is all about winning. But winning is not the only end point. In life, we should understand no one has made great achievements in the first day. World famous Cricket Player Sachin Tendulkar did not become popular in one day. He took him lot of failures and challenges to become what he is today. When he faced failures, he did nit give up; he kept trying till he met success in life. Similarly, in our life we should wait with patience. Hard work pays. So we should “Never Give Up” until we reach what we are focusing.
Regardless of whether you slow down or not, you should keep on trying. One of the main drivers of success is persistence, perseverance and a resolution to keep on trying. Even when your body aches and the scars seem to be wearing you down; do not accept in your mind to quit.
Do not say no to your dreams. It is important to preserve as opposed to being lazy and letting defeatism take a toll on you. We tend to learn these negative vices from the society, our surroundings and our peers. Do not allow your environment to plunge you into despair; instead always have hope that in turn fuels perseverance.
What It Means to Never Give Up
1. Life isn’t about talk; it’s about commitment.
A dream isn’t worth anything until you try to put it into practice. When you dedicate yourself to your dream, whatever it may be, you find yourself at the intersection of perception and reality. This idea has probably existed in your mind for years, taking on a particular shape and existing entirely as a function of your own imagination. Now, when you put it to the test, it’s time to get real. It’s time to give birth to the idea and fully commit to nurturing that dream the same way you would nurture a child.
2. Resilience and adaptation are the keys to a vibrant life and healthy mind.
When you are trying to manifest any idea, there will be setbacks, failures and disappointments. Newsflash: Setbacks, failures and disappointments are good for you! They are the best education you can get, as they teach you to adapt. Giving up is like dropping out of school; you miss out on critical experiences and important lessons, and do not learn the enormous value of failure.
3. Quitting can become a habit.
If you give up on the things that matter most to you, you will likely establish a pattern of giving up on anything when things don’t go the way you hoped. You will not learn the importance of persistence — and anything worthwhile requires persistence.
4. Values are the most important thing.
Persisting with goals that are important to you means placing most significance on your values, rather than convenience or expedience. Hopefully, you wouldn’t ever give up on your values, and you wouldn’t give up on the ideas that reflect those values.
5. Self-belief is everything.
Giving up on your important goals is tantamount to giving up on yourself. You are a unique person with your own gifts and talents and no one will invest in them more than you. Perhaps millions of people have had the same goals and dreams as you, but everyone manifests these aspirations differently — and uniquely.
So what does never giving up really mean? It means believing in yourself. It means willingness to accept “failure” so you can learn the critical skill of adaptation. It means not compromising on your most important values, and walking the walk, rather than just talking the talk. It means living the life you want and are passionate about.
13 REASONS WHY…IT’S IMPORTANT TO KEEP TRYING EVEN WHEN IT SEEMS SO HARD!
Some days, happiness seems so, so difficult.
Some days, happiness seems so, so impossible.
Some days, sadness and depression seem so overwhelming and it’s hard enough to find the energy to get up and out of bed…let alone do anything meaningful or constructive.
But today I want to reassure you that even on the most difficult days, in fact especially on the most difficult days, it’s well worth trying to do what ever you can to do “the right things” even if it doesn’t seem like they’ll pay off in the near future.
So here’s 13 reasons why it’s important to keep trying…
1. Happy and successful people focus more on the process, rather than the outcomes; so it’s important to keep trying to do the right things even when the results don’t seem to be coming.
2. Even if you don’t achieve anything noteworthy, it feels good to try.
3. Even if you can’t see the results now, making an effort will (in some not insignificant way) contribute to progress (even if it’s in the medium to longer term).
4. And If you reinforce yourself for trying, you can enjoy at least some satisfaction and positive emotion, which can then kick-start the positivity needed to do and achieve and enjoy more.
5. Trying is better than the alternative; it very rarely helps to give up completely.
6. Even if or when you can’t find the motivation or reason to do it for yourself, do it for others because your efforts and motivation will “spread” to those who’re nearest and dearest to you.
7. Furthermore, trying sends a positive message to others that we can all, even during our most difficult times, do and try something.
8. Sometimes if you begin by “faking it”, you can create your own inspiration that will then make it real (see my previous post HERE).
9. Movement creates momentum; effort leads to energy.
10. The more you do the easier it becomes; practice makes better.
11. Trying something might lead you down a path you hadn’t considered which might then contribute to a positive outcome you’d not imagined possible.
12. Which suggests another important consideration; if you’re going to be trying something it might, at times, be worth trying something completely different.
13. And finally, remember, that sometimes you’ll surprise yourself and something great will happen!
You can develop the nature of not giving up by accepting that you can be persistent, appreciating its importance and having clear goals. Luckily, you do not need special talent to persist until you achieve your objective. With practice, hard work and determination, you can have all it takes to keep on trying till you get what you need.
1. EdgeArticles: Why It Is Important To Never Give Up? – Essay
2. Your Home Teacher: Never Give Up
3. Huff post: What It Means to Never Give Up
4. Dr. Happy: Reasons Why…it’s Important to Keep Trying Even When It Seems So Hard!